A welcome sanctuary from lashing rain or a flurry of snow, the Valiance Jacket is warm and waterproof, designed for everyday use and wild winter walking days.
Built with durable, waterproof Pertex® Shield outer and taped seams, the Valiance offers reliable protection beneath the darkest skies. The narrow bonded boxwall construction stabilises the down and allows it to fully loft, trapping the maximum amount of air for warmth. For added durability, lower bulk, and better moisture management, the cuffs and hood are insulated with fast drying, synthetic Stratus™ insulation. When the cuffs are cinched in with the hook and loop tabs, the synthetic insulation keeps performing.
With a longer length at the back and regular fit for throwing on over other layers, the Valiance gives a reassuring, protective feel for striding out on wild winter days.
- Pertex® Shield fully taped waterproof outer
- Bonded narrow box wall construction for reduced weight and bulk
- 2-way adjustable Stratus™ synthetic insulation fill hood with wired peak
- YKK® VISLON® front zip with internal zip baffle
- 2 YKK® AquaGuard® zipped hand warmer pockets
- 1 YKK® zipped internal security pocket
- Stratus™ synthetic insulation filled slimline cuffs with hook and loop adjustability
- Dual sided rear adjustment and dropped hem improves warmth on lower back
Insulation Type:Main Insulation: 700FP Recycled Down with Nikwax Fluorocarbon-Free Hydrophobic Finish (205g/7.2oz Size M)
Weight:753g/26.5oz (Size M)
- Rinse your washing machine out before use. This clears any leftover detergent and softeners that might damage the fabrics and coatings. Clean the detergent drawer and then run one or two rinse cycles.
- Make sure the pockets are empty.
- Close all zips, pockets, and Velcro fastenings.
- Use a non-biological liquid detergent, liquid pure soap or preferably a technical cleaner specifically formulated for the job.
- Place the wash solution in the detergent drawer and if you are reproofing at the same time then add our Eco Proofer in the conditioner compartment.
- Machine Wash on a gentle, cool setting. Check the white care label, but 30ºC or 40ºC is usually ideal both for your jacket and the environment.
- After spinning the garment can still be heavy with water and being too rough can rip internal compartments. Support bigger items by ‘cradling’ in a bath towel or similar whilst removing it from the machine.
- If required very gently squeeze out any excess water using a towel.
- Immediately tumble dry your jacket. Use a front-loading dryer on a cool (or synthetic) setting.
- Every 20-30 minutes remove your item from the dryer. Give it a gentle shake and a good pat. You are looking to get an even distribution of down throughout the baffle. You can be more vigorous with this as the down starts to dry out. Adding a couple of clean tennis balls or tumble dryer balls may help speed up the drying time and increase loft.
- Don't remove your item from the dryer too soon. It is tempting, we know. The outer fabric might feel dry, but the down inside may still be damp.
- Drying can take anywhere from 3-5 hours. The bigger the item, the longer it takes. When your jacket is nice and puffy again, it's time to take it out.
Rab Down Fill Power
|Graphene / Small||5059913010939||JAC445427933|
|Graphene / Medium||5059913010922||JAC448707653|
|Graphene / Large||5059913010915||JAC44921373|
|Graphene / X-Large||5059913010946||JAC442122263|
|Army / Small||5059913010786||JAC372410162|
|Army / Medium||5059913010779||JAC375266582|
|Army / Large||5059913010762||JAC37657852|
|Army / X-Large||5059913010793||JAC379857392|
|Black / Small||5059913010830||JAC382974032|
|Black / Medium||5059913010823||JAC386579962|
|Black / Large||5059913010816||JAC387455702|
|Black / X-Large||5059913010847||JAC384583022|