Ski - Volkl Blaze 94
A new era in freeriding is born with state-of-the-art technology for the ultimate ride in four lengths, each with a 94mm waist
The introduction of the Mantra marked the beginning of Völkl's powerful freeriding ski line—for those who want to ride free without any restrictions but with the full control of a sporty all-mountain design. The new Blaze series now adds yet another dimension to the idea for intuitive freeriders who appreciate a playful ride coupled with agile and sporty maneuverability. The Blaze 94 weighs only 1,546g @ 179cm and is a highly versatile ski for outstanding performance in almost any condition.
A 0.3mm thick Titanal binding platform provides direct power transfer and a fast pressure build-up from one edge to another. You will particularly benefit from the ski's faster and more direct reaction in narrow and rough terrain, all with less effort. The Blaze has been primarily designed for short, fast turns but the three different radii together with the tip-to-tail hybrid multilayer wood core adapt to any riding style, however ambitious.
A further notable feature is the suspension tip. The elasticated, rubbery material on the tip and tail acts as a bumper in wind-blown or tracked conditions. It also improves resistance to disruption and provides fantastic flotation.
Thanks to its light weight, the Blaze skis are also used as freeride touring skis. To this end, Völkl also offers Smart Glue skins that are tailor-made for each Blaze model.
- 3D Radius Sidecut
- Full Sidewall
- Titanal Binding Platform
- Suspension Tips & Tails
- Base: P-Tex 2100
Binding Marker Kingpin
The innovative Kingpin has earned its stripes as the performance standard in PinTech AT binding technology.
The Kingpin's unique toe and heel pieces offer a unique blend of characteristics that seek to optimize both climbing and descending.
The toe piece is updated with the dual spring and higher pivot point setup from the Alpinist.
Ease of use, and best of all, unbeatable power transmission while on the descent mean that you've never had a day in the backcountry like the ones you'll have on the Kingpin!
Weight (Pair) : 1.34kg / 2.95lbs
DIN: 5.0 - 10.
CLIMBING AIDS KINGPIN
- The climbing aid offers two positions with 7° and 13° which can easily be accessed with the ski pole, even in an unstable standing position. Integrated elastomer paddings dampen the impact reducing the irritating traditional "clack" and allow more comfortable hiking.
XXL POWER TRANSMITTER
- Extra-large power transmitters in the heel with reduced weight for minimum friction and maximum centering for the lateral movement of the heel.
- The revolutionary heel construction for the Pin Technology bindings features wide sole contact points to deliver the kind of direct, lossless power transfer more frequently seen in alpine bindings. The KingPin heel is also many times safer than traditional Pin Technology bindings.
CARBON REINFORCED PIN TOE & ANTI ICE PADS
- Carbon fiber reinforced material for improved stiffness and super lightweight. Anti Ice Pads in the base of the toe to prevent icing in critical areas.
VERTICAL & LATERAL ADJUSTABLE RELEASE FUNCTION
- Vertical and lateral individually adjustable release in the heel for improved release functionality.
- Easy to install crampons for KINGPIN and Alpinist available in the sizes 80mm, 90mm, 105mm, 120mm
|Brake width||75 - 100 mm|
|100 - 125 mm|
|Din/ISO Range||5.0 - 10.0|
|Boot type||Touring Boots|
|Recom. Skier's Weight||30 - 105kg|
|Stand height w/o ski||21,5 mm|
|Toe System||Carbon reinforced Pin Toe|
|Step-in Heel||KINGPIN heel|
|Heel adjustment range||25 mm|
|Walking modes||0°, 7°, 13°|
|Weight||1.34kg /2.95lbs (75-100 mm)|
|1.36kg / 3.00lbs (100-125 mm)|
Understanding boot and binding compatibility can be complicated. Alpine or Alpine Touring? ISO what?
With multiple boot/binding standards designed for different applications and skier types, finding the right gear requires more knowledge and expertise than ever before.
Contact us to navigate your options and discover what's right for you.