The original DoubleNest Hammock reigns supreme as your all-access pass to relaxation. Big enough for two and palatial for one, the DoubleNest stuffs easily into its attached compression sack, making it the ideal travel companion. Take it anywhere, set it up in seconds flat, lay back and relax!
How do I use and care for my ENO Hammock?
- You can find complete set up and care instructions on each ENO product webpage in the Set Up & Care section.
- Here are a few helpful reminders:
- Check your gear before each use to ensure it is in good, working condition. Safety first!
- UV damage causes your ENO Hammock to fade in color and become brittle which will lead to tearing. Do not leave your hammock outside (even just for the weekend); rather store it in its attached stuff sack in a cool, dry space when not in use.
- In set up, make sure your straps are securely wrapped and the carabiners are closed. Sit slowly in your hammock to make sure your hang is secure. Hang your hammock no more than 18? (inches) off the ground.
- While hammocking, remember to remove any sharp objects from your person, i.e. pocket knives, car keys and/or stilettos.
- Remember that puppies love hammocking, too, but they’ve got sharp nails so hammock with caution. If any small tears (2 inches or less) do appear, pick up a Hammock Repair Kit.
For Set Up:
- Find two living, mature trees approx. 10-14 feet (3-4 meters) apart that can safely support the hammock and its occupants.
- Attach carabiners to straps making sure each carabiner clicks closed and visually check that the gates are closed before use.
- Gently lower yourself into the hammock to determine if adjustments are needed to achieve a hanging height of 18" (45cm) or less. Relax...
- For maximum comfort, don’t hang your hammock too tight.
- Position yourself at an angle to lay flat - great for sleeping!
Remember: using any hammock carries inherent risk. Accidents happen. Use with caution.
Before using any ENO product for the first time, follow the product link below to read all product set up and safety information.
- Under no circumstances should you hang your hammock higher than 18 inches off the ground.
- Check the area beneath the hammock is free of sharp objects, rocks, or other debris that could create a hazard in case of a fall.
- Check your surroundings, above and below, and make sure to choose a suitable, stable living/healthy tree or anchor points that can safely support the hammock and it's occupant(s).
- Before every use, fully inspect your gear, including carabiners and rope, for snags, fraying, or anything unusual from the time of purchase. If anything suspect is found during inspection, please discontinue use and check out our warranty.
- Always store gear indoors when not in use, as elemental damage will quickly degrade the product.
- Do not permit children to use unattended.
- Do not jump or swing aggressively in hammock.
- Always follow provided instructions.
- Always test the hammock to ensure it is hung correctly before putting your full weight into it.
- Do not stack hammocks.
- Do not modify your hammock; after market modifications will void your warranty.
- Do not untie hammock knots (found at the ends of the hammock).
- Failure to adhere to these instruction/guidelines may result in serious injury or death.
|Capacity:||400lbs / 181kgs|
|Material:||70D High Tenacity Nylon Taffeta|
|Dimensions:||9’ x 6’6” / 2.86m x 1.89m|
|Packed Dimensions:||4" x 5.5" / 10.2cm x 14cm|
|Weight:||19oz / 538g|
I’m new to hammocking. What do I need to get started?
All you need is a hammock and suspension system. ENO hammocks come with a set of carabiners or toggles. Carabiners are compatible with all of our suspension systems, whereas toggles are compatible with our Helios Suspension System. Plus you can add carabiners to any hammock with toggles if you want to use the Atlas Suspension System.
Do I need a Suspension System to use my ENO hammock?
Your hammock will come with two aluminum wiregate carabiners or lightweight toggles on the ends that you can use to attach to your chosen suspension system.
With that being said, our suspension systems make the set up process extremely quick and easy.
You don’t need any knowledge of knots, our suspension straps simply wrap around your object and tighten on themselves. With regular rope, you need to find objects that are exactly 10 feet apart. Not so with our ENO suspension systems.
Once you get your straps tight around your anchor points, you are left with several loops that hang off and allow you to play with up to 15-25 more feet between your anchor points, giving you almost endless possibilities to where you can hang your ENO Hammock.
Heavy duty rope isn’t necessarily great for a tree’s bark either. Our suspension systems have flat webbing which is lightweight and gentle on trees, making them easy to take along on your adventures.
What distance is needed between 2 trees or attachment points to hang my hammock?
10-14 feet (3-4 meters) apart is a great distance to aim for with our gathered end hammocks like the DoubleNest and SingleNest. With spreader bar hammocks like the SkyLoft and SkyLite you should aim for 14-18 feet (4-5.5 meters).
What is the difference between the Suspension Systems?
- The Atlas is polyfilament (like a no-stretch seatbelt material), weighs 9 oz, and is 9' in length per strap and 1.5? in width tapering down to .75? width. The design is called a daisy chain and has 15 attachment points on each strap. Capacity 400 lbs. This is the staff favorite!
- The Atlas XL is polyfilament, weighs 13 oz and is 13’6? in length per strap and 1.5? in width tapering down to .75? width. Each strap has 20 attachment points. Capacity 400 lbs. Great for larger trees or longer distances!
- The Helios is polyfilament and Silverlite™ cording, weighs only 4.3 oz and is 8’1? in length per strap and 1? width. Capacity 300 lbs.
- The Helios XL is polyfilament and Silverlite™ cording, weighs only 6.3 oz and is 13’5? in length per strap and 1? width. Capacity 300 lbs.
All styles are sold as a pair and will work with any style hammock, although toggle style hammocks will need a set of carabiners to work with our Atlas Suspension System. To further compare our suspension systems, visit our Strap Comparison Chart.
How do I wash my ENO Hammock and other accessories?
You can find the below product care instructions on the backside of your product’s tyvek label as well as on the corresponding product webpage.
For hammocks, eno recommend either hand washing or machine washing in a front loading washer.
If you are going to machine wash your gear, eno recommends first removing the carabiners (no need to untie any knots) or other hardware, then washing on cool in a front load washer (no agitator) on the delicate cycle with a mild detergent (like Woolite or Dreft), or a gear wash.
If you are going to hand wash your hammock, eno recommends using a bucket, sink, or bath tub with the same type of detergents/mild soaps listed above. Do not put any gear in the dryer! Hang or lay flat to dry.
eno recommends spot treating or hand washing the majority of thier other products, including the TrailFlyer Outdoor Game.
|Purple / Fuschia||811201010275||HAM428718561|
|Teal / Purple||811201010305||HAM398956141|
|Red / Charcoal||811201010206||HAM406236421|
|Navy / Royal||811201010251||HAM522007581|