INNOVATIVE EVOLUTION The Free Aero RC Short is Castelli's top race short, which also means that it's insanely comfortable even if you never pin on a number. It's fair to say that they've been working on this short for the past 15 years. That's how long it's been since the original Free Aero Race Short was first introduced, initially as their top-of-the-line race short. Since then it has won three Tours de France, three Giri d'Italia, one Vuelta and San Remo, but it also became the best-selling product in the history of Castelli because, simply put, this is the short that does everything well. The concept is quite simple: start with the best pad that Castelli knows how to make, surround it with a supportive short with good muscle compression, and then remove everything else that's not absolutely necessary. You feel Free thanks to the reduced number of panels and the reduced number of seams. In fact, the short portion has just 5 panels compared to 10 in the previous generation. You feel Free because of further refinements to the Progetto X2 Air seamless seat pad. The two densities of foam plus the gel pads provide progressive damping, while the separate Skin Care Layer is soft and stretchy to move with your skin. You feel Free because this is the first high-end short that doesn't need any sort of gripper or elastic at the end of the leg to keep the leg in place. Getting this right meant 28 prototypes and our most extensive test program ever, and it results in the most comfortable leg ending Castelli has ever made. The Forza 2 fabric has 32% Lycra® with a high modulus for exceptional muscle support and just the right amount of compression. There's reflective piping on the back. And all logos are either stitched or embossed for durability.
- High-compression 215 g Forza 2 fabric with 32% Lycra® content provides exceptional muscle support and compression
- Progetto X2 Air seamless seat pad is soft against the skin but well padded for long-distance comfort
- 5-panel construction for reduced seams and less chafing
- Stitched scorpion logo patch and embossed Castelli wordmark for durability
- Reflective piping on back of legs
- Raw-cut edge at waist for extra stretch and comfort
- Raw-cut leg ending engineered to stay put without silicone grippers
- Weight:204 g
- Temperature:15°C - 35°C / 59°F - 95°F
- Always read the care label before washing a piece of clothing.
- Close all zips and Velcro fasteners and turn the garment inside out.
- Hand or machine wash on a lukewarm permanent press cycle (max. 30°C / 86°F)
- Use a small amount of liquid or powder detergent, not other products that contain fabric softeners, conditioners, stain removers or bleach as they will affect garment performance.
- Hang dry or dry flat. Do not tumble dry.
|Black / XX-Large