Black Diamond's lightest Z-Pole built for mountain athletes and weight conscious adventurers, the Distance Carbon Z is now stronger with improved joint support and more durable, making it the ultimate in folding-pole performance.
Black Diamond’s Distance Carbon Z is their lightest Z-Pole engineered for those who travel fast. With 100% carbon construction, the Distance Carbon Z weighs just 9 ounces and features a three-section foldable design that allows for fast-response deployment. We’ve improved the Distance Carbon Z’s joint support making them 30% stiffer, and they’re now more durable with reinforcements around the locking mechanism and upper shaft. Non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and a lightweight, EVA foam grip round out this pole as a lightweight detail-driven pillar in pole tech.
- Improved joint support and stiffness
- More durable with added aluminum ring to protect carbon
- Lightweight, EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking grip
- Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension
- Three-section foldable design with speed-cone deployment
- 100% carbon fiber construction
- Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher to secure folded sections
[110 cm] 275 g (9.7 oz)
[120 cm] 285 g (10 oz)
[130 cm] 295 g (10.4 oz)
[110 cm] 110 cm (43 in)
[120 cm] 120 cm (47 in)
[130 cm] 130 cm (51 in)
[110 cm] 36 cm (14 in)
[120 cm] 40 cm (16 in)
[130 cm] 43 cm (17 in)
- Concealed inner cord
- Single push-button release to collapse the pole
- One-pull, Speed Cone deployment
Speed Cone technology comes from our expertise in avalanche probe design—a key component of Z-Poles' stiffness and fast deployment. Simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each Speed Cone guides a shaft section into place, and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. Protective, flexible tube ends cover the pole’s Kevlar® center cord when folded.