After extensive scientific research and testing with its top professional athletes, Shimano introduces its redesigned flagship S-PHYRE RC902 road racing shoe for the 2021 model year. An ambitious undertaking – to make the best race shoe even better – Shimano engineers studied pedaling dynamics while examining different rider types and pedaling styles to create its most technologically advanced cycling shoe.
The pinnacle of road race performance, every aspect of the S-PHYRE shoe is designed to maximize power transmission, comfort, and performance.
- Function-specific zones maximize power transfer
Utilizing its Bikefitting.com pedal analyzer, Shimano engineers took a 3D look at pedaling dynamics to better understand how pressure is applied throughout the pedal stroke. The engineers discovered distinct zones where force is exerted differently across the shoe and optimized the new RC902 shape and materials to maximize power transfer while maintaining a comfortable and lightweight design.
The RC902’s upper construction features ultra-breathable, reinforced mesh and micro-fiber leather materials that are layered in different regions to maximize fit, flexibility, rigidity, and ventilation. The RC902's upper construction is more rigid toward the rear of the shoe to hold the foot securely in place while more flexible and elastic materials are used up front to increase comfort.
- Optimized power transfer for the hardest efforts
Also utilizing findings from the Bikeftting.com pedal analyzer and exploring additional movement studies, Shimano redesigned the RC902 heel cup to optimize fit and foot stability. With Shimano’s new anti-twist stabilizer heel cup technology, the RC902 is built to handle intense twisting forces caused by the most explosive accelerations. It features a mix of rigid and flexible materials that stabilize the top section of the heel cup to reduce foot movement and increase power transfer.
The only aspect of the new S-PHYRE shoe that remains unchanged is Shimano’s rigid and responsive level-12 carbon sole. Built to maximize power transfer and speed, Shimano's S-PHYRE shoe lineup has been part of countless victories in the world's highest level races since first introduced in 2017. Now, for 2021, the new Shimano S-PHYRE experience is even faster.
- 360° surround wrapping upper creates a supremely engineered fit for all riders
- Heel cup with anti-twist stabilization secures optimal foot positioning for intense acceleration and high tempo cadences
- Function-specific zones and scientifically optimized upper materials maximize fit and pedaling performance
- Dual low-profile Boa® Li2 dials allow quick and precise micro-adjustments
- Integrated seamless midsole and upper construction set a new level of fit, stability and lightweight performance
- Adjustable powerzone wire guide securely holds forefoot
|Red / 45.5||192790739250||SHO572817271|