In search of a lightweight down gilet for mountain, town and trail? With 100% recycled down and fabrics, and body mapped baffles, Rab's best-selling Women’s Microlight Vest is more effective than ever.
Rab's classic Women’s Microlight Vest has been brought up to date with a slick new design aesthetic and some carefully selected upgrades. At just 259g, it retains outstanding packability but, from the 30D Pertex® Quantum ripstop nylon shell to the 20D lining and the GRS-certified 700FP down, the fabrics and down are now 100% recycled. The new design also features ‘intelligent’ insulation.
The new Women’s Microlight Vest delivers an appealing combination of low weight, core warmth and easy movement for a rapid insulation boost whenever it’s needed.
- YKK® zipped hand pockets
- Drawcord adjustable hem
- Stuff sack included
- Main Fabric: Recycled 30D nylon Pertex Quantum, 50g/m², with DWR
- Lining: Recycled 20D nylon, 38g/m²
- Insulation: Recycled 700 fill-power down Nikwax hydrophobic (water-resistant) finish (84g Size 12)
- Composition: 100% recycled polyamide outer with 100% recycled polyamide lining
- Pertex® Quantum ripstop nylon fabrics are soft and packable
- Zoned lightweight micro and nano baffle stitch through construction
- Rinse your washing machine out before use. This clears any leftover detergent and softeners that might damage the fabrics and coatings. Clean the detergent drawer and then run one or two rinse cycles.
- Make sure the pockets are empty.
- Close all zips, pockets, and Velcro fastenings.
- Use a non-biological liquid detergent, liquid pure soap or preferably a technical cleaner specifically formulated for the job.
- Place the wash solution in the detergent drawer and if you are reproofing at the same time then add our Eco Proofer in the conditioner compartment.
- Machine Wash on a gentle, cool setting. Check the white care label, but 30ºC or 40ºC is usually ideal both for your jacket and the environment.
- After spinning the garment can still be heavy with water and being too rough can rip internal compartments. Support bigger items by ‘cradling’ in a bath towel or similar whilst removing it from the machine.
- If required very gently squeeze out any excess water using a towel.
- Immediately tumble dry your jacket. Use a front-loading dryer on a cool (or synthetic) setting.
- Every 20-30 minutes remove your item from the dryer. Give it a gentle shake and a good pat. You are looking to get an even distribution of down throughout the baffle. You can be more vigorous with this as the down starts to dry out. Adding a couple of clean tennis balls or tumble dryer balls may help speed up the drying time and increase loft.
- Don't remove your item from the dryer too soon. It is tempting, we know. The outer fabric might feel dry, but the down inside may still be damp.
- Drying can take anywhere from 3-5 hours. The bigger the item, the longer it takes. When your jacket is nice and puffy again, it's time to take it out.
Rab Hydrophobic Down
|Black / X-Small
|Black / Small
|Black / Medium
|Black / Large
|Orion Blue / X-Small
|Orion Blue / Small
|Orion Blue / Medium
|Orion Blue / Large