Whether you need a women’s everyday down jacket or a flexible mountain mid-layer, the upgraded Women’s Microlight Jacket is the new benchmark for accessible stash-and-grab down insulation.
Mountain-friendly features include a pair of large, harness-compatible zipped hand pockets, a close-fitting down-filled collar and soft, elasticated cuffs that fit easily over gloves. With its lightweight warmth and proven mountain credentials, the ultra-packable Women’s Microlight Jacket is as practical on city strolls as it is on alpine ascents.
Close fitting down filled collar
Zoned lightweight micro and nano baffle stitch-through construction
Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon fabrics are soft and packable
YKK® zipped hand pockets
Internally elasticated cuffs and drawcord adjustable hem
Main Fabric: Recycled 30D nylon Pertex Quantum, 50g/m², with DWR
Lining: Recycled 20D nylon, 38g/m²
Insulation: Recycled 700 fill-power down Nikwax hydrophobic (water-resistant) finish (130g Size 12)
Composition: 100% recycled polyamide outer with 100% recycled polyamide lining
- Weight: 359g/12.7oz
- Rinse your washing machine out before use. This clears any leftover detergent and softeners that might damage the fabrics and coatings. Clean the detergent drawer and then run one or two rinse cycles.
- Make sure the pockets are empty.
- Close all zips, pockets, and Velcro fastenings.
- Use a non-biological liquid detergent, liquid pure soap or preferably a technical cleaner specifically formulated for the job.
- Place the wash solution in the detergent drawer and if you are reproofing at the same time then add our Eco Proofer in the conditioner compartment.
- Machine Wash on a gentle, cool setting. Check the white care label, but 30ºC or 40ºC is usually ideal both for your jacket and the environment.
- After spinning the garment can still be heavy with water and being too rough can rip internal compartments. Support bigger items by ‘cradling’ in a bath towel or similar whilst removing it from the machine.
- If required very gently squeeze out any excess water using a towel.
- Immediately tumble dry your jacket. Use a front-loading dryer on a cool (or synthetic) setting.
- Every 20-30 minutes remove your item from the dryer. Give it a gentle shake and a good pat. You are looking to get an even distribution of down throughout the baffle. You can be more vigorous with this as the down starts to dry out. Adding a couple of clean tennis balls or tumble dryer balls may help speed up the drying time and increase loft.
- Don't remove your item from the dryer too soon. It is tempting, we know. The outer fabric might feel dry, but the down inside may still be damp.
- Drying can take anywhere from 3-5 hours. The bigger the item, the longer it takes. When your jacket is nice and puffy again, it's time to take it out.
Pertex® Quantum uses a tightly woven structure to provide a light and soft fabric that allows insulation to fully loft.