Norrona's lightest, waterproof ski/snowboard jacket developed for ski touring.
This weather-protective shell jacket is made for ski touring but works excellent for alpine activities ranging from trekking to lightweight mountaineering.
It’s made in premium GORE-TEX® fabric, and they use this because it’s the world-leading quality for durable waterproofness (28,000mm), breathability (RET less than 4), and total windproofness.
The jacket blends two GORE-TEX technologies: The main fabric is a recycled 30D GORE-TEX© Active nylon fabric to provide maximum protection and breathability during high intensity. It’s sturdy and durable but considerably lower in weight than our other ski shell jackets.
The second material is a recycled 3-layer 30D rip-stop GORE-TEX® C-knit recycled nylon, which is used on shoulders, sleeves, and the collar to increase the range of movement and durability without compromising on protection.
Key features include: A helmet-compatible storm hood with one-hand adjustment, asymmetric cuffs with velcro adjustment, chest ventilation with YKK water-resistant zipper and mesh, internal chest pocket, laminated stretch woven hand gaiter, reinforced shoulders, two vertical chest pockets with YKK water-resistant zippers.
The jacket has a refined technical fit with a Y-shaped cut and articulated arms, perfect for alpine movement. It's slightly longer in the back for extra protection.
- Storm hood fitted for freeride helmet with one-hand adjustment
- Asymmetric cuffs with Velcro® adjustments
- Integrated hand gaiters
- Articulated elbows
- Asymmetric longer back cut
- Chest pockets with zipper
- Front chest ventilation with YKK® water-resistant zipper
- Internal chest pocket
- Under arm zipper ventilation
- Reinforced shoulders
- Adjustable bottom hem
- Exterior hangloop
- Weight 402 gr. in size: L
- More than 50% of synthetic fibers in this product is recycled.
6/6WindproofnessProducts that protect against extreme wind and conditions, both through the construction of the garment and the taped and windproof membrane. These products have a stiffer fabric which provides a greater shield effect as it will not adhere to the mid-layer / body in the same way as lighter fabrics. This is especially efficient in temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius where the “wind chill” effect is increasing.
5/6WaterproofnessWaterproof products that will keep you dry during heavy rain. However, if you’re out for many hours in extensive rain and wind, they will provide less protection than category 6, and you may get wet in very exposed areas. They are lighter than our most waterproof garments and will, therefore, feel a bit colder if you’re out in bad weather for a longer period of time.
1/6InsulationHas no insulating properties but can still work well on top of insulation layers and provide heat through wind protection. Thin one-layer fabrics, often super packable and lightweight shell products. Will feel cold during windy conditions if you don’t have any layering underneath.
5/6BreathabilityOuter layers that offer effective moisture transportation, good breathability, and quick-drying properties. Ventilates well and provides good sweat transportation during medium to high-intensity activities.
3/6DurabilityLightweight outer layers that offer impressive durability compared to weight. Withstands normal outdoor use.
6/6LightweightAmong the world's lightest outer layers, pushed the limits of how light a product can be without sacrificing any functionality. Premium pack light products with the intention of being world-leading within its category.
GORE-TEX® products should be washed after approximately 150 hours of use or when dirty. The garments are not harmed by washing - on the contrary, this will prolong the life of the garment. Normal washing instructions for GORE-TEX® garments are:
- Close all zippers and velcros.
- Wash at 40 degrees with a mild detergent. Do not use softening, rinsing agents or bleach as they can damage the fabric's water-resistant properties (not the membrane/ waterproofing) and the color of the fabric. Rinse the garment twice if possible.
- Use water repellent spray on the face of the garment after washing for optimal water-resistance (this does not affect the waterproof quality of the membrane, but makes it easier for water to roll off the face fabric).
- Dry the garment on a low setting in the dryer or iron it at a low temperature. Warmth helps to reactivate the waterproofing. The garment must be dry before washing and before being put away.
|Olive Drab/Olive Night / Large||7042698483997||JAC628052693|
|Olive Drab/Olive Night / X-Large||7042698484024||JAC622791673|
|Arednalin / Medium||7042698497963||JAC529447073|
|Arednalin / Large||7042698497956||JAC525845543|