The easy to use, safe, high performance spray on waterproofing for wet weather clothing.
Adds Durable Water Repellency, revives breathability and maintains internal wicking properties.
Your raingear could be soaking up water just because it is dirty. First, try cleaning it with Nikwax Tech Wash®, and if it is fairly new, or recently re-waterproofed, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) will be revitalized just from cleaning. But, once the garment has been thoroughly worn, you will need to add DWR, using Nikwax TX.Direct®, after cleaning first with Nikwax Tech Wash®.
Nikwax TX.Direct® Spray-On is easy and quick to apply, and its highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) develops on air drying. The need for tumble drying is removed, this saves energy and protects more vulnerable, older, garments from heat. Nikwax TX.Direct® Spray-On has been specifically designed and optimized for breathable waterproof garments; it leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability.
The spray-on application allows for direct treatment of areas which require it most (e.g. elbows and seams on jackets) and will not compromise the properties of internal wicking liners.
For best results remove all non-washable parts and always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash®. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
- Protect working surface and lay clean garment flat and zip up all zippers.
- Hold bottle 15 cm/6 inches away from garment.
- Apply evenly to outside of fabric.
- Wait for 2 minutes. Remove any surplus product with a damp cloth.
- Check carefully to ensure no areas have been missed.
- After several minutes check for and remove any surplus product with a damp cloth.
How to Clean and Proof Your Jacket