Updated for 2019: Wind and rain protection for small groups.
Offering essential ultralight protection for minimalists, thru-hikers and long-distance backpackers, the Thru-Hiker 70 Wing and 100 Wing keep wind and rain at bay with minimal impact on total pack weight. The 70 Wing accommodates 1-3 people and weighs as little as .38 kg (12 oz), while the 100 Wing offers ample room for 3 backpackers at a minimum weight of only .49 kg (1 lb 1 oz). Use a wing shelter by itself on a fastpacking trip along the John Muir Trail, or pair one with the Thru-Hiker Mesh House 2 or 3 (sold separately) for added wind and rain protection on a long-haul trip up the Continental Divide.
- Ultralight: Ample rain protection with minimal impact on total pack weight.
- Adaptable: Set up with trekking or accessory poles, or suspend from a tree.
- Compact: Both wings pack down tiny and fit in the smallest of backpacks.
- Compatible: Either wing can be paired with Thru-Hiker Mesh House 1, 2 or 3.
- Weather Protection: Featuring durable Xtreme Shield™ waterproof coating.
|70 Wing||100 Wing|
|Weight (Standard)||1 lb||1 lbs 4 oz|
|Weight (Metric)||0.46 kg||0.57 kg|
|Length (Standard)||114 in||126 in|
|Minimum Weight (Standard)||12 oz||1 lbs 1 oz|
|Minimum Weight (Metric)||0.38 kg||0.49 kg|
|Packaged Weight (Standard)||1 lb||1 lbs 4 oz|
|Packaged Weight (Metric)||0.46 kg||0.57 kg|
|Interior Peak Height (Standard)||Variable in||Variable in|
|Interior Peak Height (Metric)||Variable cm||Variable cm|
|Packed Size (Standard)||9 x 4.5 in||9 x 4.5 in|
|Packed Size (Metric)||23 x 10 cm||23 x 10 cm|
|Rainfly Fabric||20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Xtreme Shield||20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Xtreme Shield|
|Country of Origin||Imported||Imported|
THRU-HIKER MESH HOUSE & WINGS: SETUP & OVERVIEW