New for 2019: Optimized floorplan adds livable volume for three.
Our best-selling, freestanding 3-person backpacking tent reinvents lightweight livability. With a floorplan that offers each occupant easy access to doors and gear, the MSR Mutha Hubba NX tent is the ideal tent for a trio backpacking deep into the Sierras in the heat of summer, or tackling the Appalachian Trail for an extended trip in the spring. Upgraded with premium features, including virtually indestructible Easton® Syclone™ poles and MSR’s durable Xtreme Shield™ waterproof coating, this tent is built to last like never before. Easy-to-assemble and with plenty of interior volume for three, the Mutha Hubba NX offers the most livable accommodations for 3-season conditions.
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 1.95 kg / 4 lb 5 oz; optional Fast & Light Body setup 1.64 kg / 3 lb. 10 oz.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large vestibules to store gear.
- Easton® Syclone™ Poles: Cutting-edge aerospace composite materials make poles virtually indestructible in challenging and windy conditions.
- Xtreme Shield™ Waterproof Coating: Ultra-durable coating is formulated to resist fabric stickiness (hydrolysis), lasting up to 3 times longer than standard waterproof coatings.
- Livable: Two large StayDry™ doors with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
Full list of features
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Ultra-durable Easton Syclone poles
- Xtreme Shield System (long-lasting waterproof coating & precision-stitched seams)
- Compression stuff sack with carry handle
|Color||Red||Weight (Standard)||4 lbs 13 oz|
|Weight (Metric)||2.18 kg||Length (Standard)||84 in|
|Capacity||3||Fast & Light® Weight w/ F&L Body (Standard)||3 lbs 10 oz|
|Fast & Light® Weight w/ F&L Body (Metric)||1.64 kg||Minimum Weight (Standard)||4 lbs 5 oz|
|Minimum Weight (Metric)||1.95 kg||Packaged Weight (Standard)||4 lbs 13 oz|
|Packaged Weight (Metric)||2.18 kg||Floor Area (Standard)||39 sq. ft|
|Floor Area (Metric)||3.67 sq. m||Vestibule Area (Standard)||14 sq. ft|
|Vestibule Area (Metric)||1.3 sq. m||Tent Volume (Standard)||81 cu. ft|
|Tent Volume (Metric)||2290 liters||Number of Poles||1 Easton|
|Interior Peak Height (Standard)||44 in||Interior Peak Height (Metric)||112 cm|
|Packed Size (Standard)||21 x 7 in||Packed Size (Metric)||53 x 17 cm|
|Number of Doors||2||Freestanding||Yes|
|Rainfly Fabric||20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Xtreme Shield||Canopy Fabric||20D ripstop nylon & DWR|
|Mesh Type||15D nylon micromesh||Floor Fabric||30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Xtreme Shield|
|Material(s)||None||Vestibule Volume (Metric)||453 liters|
|Vestibule Volume (Standard)||16 cu. ft||Country of Origin||Imported|