New for 2019: The best-selling freestanding solo tent, now boosted with premium durability features.
The Hubba NX solo backpacking tent offers the most livable accommodations in a lightweight freestanding design. Engineered for 3-season camping, the light and compact tent won’t slow you down, whether you’re striking out early to earn solo views along a popular route, or finding your stride on a 10-day trek into the Alaskan wilderness. The tent’s spacious interior maximizes comfort, while new premium Easton® Syclone™ Poles and our long-lasting Xtreme Shield™ waterproof coating enhance the durability of this high-performance shelter. Together with its StayDry™ door and adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly, the Hubba NX is so livable, you won’t want to come home.
Beginning in 2019, MSR’s ultralight tents and shelters feature their unique Xtreme Shield™ System that does away with conventional seam taping for durable, precision-stitched seams that last far longer on lightweight tents. IIf you anticipate camping in heavy or extended rain, MSR recommends sealing the seams where necessary. Seam sealing will ensure maximum waterproof defense and a tent with exceptional longevity. It’s easy to do with
GEAR AID® Seam Grip +FC™ Fast Cure Sealant or use the Seam Grip +WP™ for ultra-long-lasting performance.
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 1.12 kg / 2 lb 7 oz; optional Fast & Light Body setup .93 kg / 2 lb. 1 oz.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; large side-entry vestibule to store gear.
- Easton® Syclone™ Poles: Cutting-edge aerospace composite materials make poles virtually indestructible in challenging and windy conditions.
- Xtreme Shield™ Waterproof Coating: Ultra-durable coating is formulated to resist fabric stickiness (hydrolysis), lasting up to 3 times longer than standard waterproof coatings.
- Livable: Large StayDry™ door with built-in rain gutter; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
Full list of features
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Ultra-durable Easton Syclone poles
- Xtreme Shield System (long-lasting waterproof coating & precision-stitched seams)
- Compression stuff sack with carry handle
|Color||Red||Weight (Standard)||2 lbs 14 oz|
|Weight (Metric)||1.33 kg||Length (Standard)||84 in|
|Capacity||1||Fast & Light® Weight w/ F&L Body (Standard)||2 lbs 1 oz|
|Fast & Light® Weight w/ F&L Body (Metric)||0.93 kg||Minimum Weight (Standard)||2 lbs 7 oz|
|Minimum Weight (Metric)||1.12 kg||Packaged Weight (Standard)||2 lbs 15 oz|
|Packaged Weight (Metric)||1.33 kg||Floor Area (Standard)||18 sq. ft|
|Floor Area (Metric)||1.67 sq. m||Vestibule Area (Standard)||9 sq. ft|
|Vestibule Area (Metric)||0.84 sq. m||Tent Volume (Standard)||26 cu. ft|
|Tent Volume (Metric)||736 liters||Number of Poles||1 Easton|
|Interior Peak Height (Standard)||36 in||Interior Peak Height (Metric)||91 cm|
|Packed Size (Standard)||18 x 6 in||Packed Size (Metric)||46 x 15 cm|
|Number of Doors||1||Freestanding||Yes|
|Rainfly Fabric||20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Xtreme Shield||Canopy Fabric||20D ripstop nylon & DWR|
|Mesh Type||15D nylon micromesh||Floor Fabric||30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Xtreme Shield|
|Material(s)||None||Vestibule Volume (Metric)||241 liters|
|Vestibule Volume (Standard)||8.5 cu. ft||Country of Origin||Imported|
MSR HUBBA HUBBA™ NX TENT SETUP