New for 2019: The best-selling, award-winning 2-person tent, now more durable than ever before.
Designed for backpackers who need a tent that can do it all while still being compact and lightweight, the bestselling MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2-person tent feels as light and efficient to use as it does to carry. From its spacious interior to its quick setup, this tent redefines lightweight livability. And now it boasts premier durability features, including virtually indestructible Easton® Syclone™ poles and MSR’s long-lasting Xtreme Shield™ waterproof coating. Whether you’re setting out to climb the Sawatch Range or circumnavigate Mount Rainier along the Wonderland Trail, the freestanding, 3-season Hubba Hubba NX tent lets you enjoy the full backcountry experience — including time spent in the tent.
Beginning in 2019, MSR’s ultralight tents and shelters feature their unique Xtreme Shield™ System that does away with conventional seam taping for durable, precision-stitched seams that last far longer on lightweight tents. IIf you anticipate camping in heavy or extended rain, MSR recommends sealing the seams where necessary. Seam sealing will ensure maximum waterproof defense and a tent with exceptional longevity. It’s easy to do with
GEAR AID® Seam Grip +FC™ Fast Cure Sealant or use the Seam Grip +WP™ for ultra-long-lasting performance.
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 1.60 kg / 3 lb 8 oz; optional Fast & Light Body setup 1.36 kg / 3 lb.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear.
- Easton® Syclone™ Poles: Cutting-edge aerospace composite materials make poles virtually indestructible in challenging and windy conditions.
- Xtreme Shield™ Waterproof Coating: Ultra-durable coating is formulated to resist fabric stickiness (hydrolysis), lasting up to 3 times longer than standard waterproof coatings.
- Livable: Two large StayDry™ doors with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
Full list of features
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Ultra-durable Easton Syclone poles
- Xtreme Shield System (long-lasting waterproof coating & precision-stitched seams)
- Compression stuff sack with carry handle
|Color||Red||Weight (Standard)||4 lbs 2 oz|
|Weight (Metric)||1.76 kg||Length (Standard)||84 in|
|Capacity||2||Fast & Light® Weight w/ F&L Body (Standard)||3 lbs|
|Fast & Light® Weight w/ F&L Body (Metric)||1.36 kg||Minimum Weight (Standard)||3 lbs 8 oz|
|Minimum Weight (Metric)||1.60 kg||Packaged Weight (Standard)||3 lbs 14 oz|
|Packaged Weight (Metric)||1.76 kg||Floor Area (Standard)||29 sq. ft|
|Floor Area (Metric)||2.7 sq. m||Vestibule Area (Standard)||17.5 sq. ft|
|Vestibule Area (Metric)||1.62 sq. m||Tent Volume (Standard)||43 cu. ft|
|Tent Volume (Metric)||1217 liters||Number of Poles||1 Easton|
|Interior Peak Height (Standard)||39 in||Interior Peak Height (Metric)||100 cm|
|Packed Size (Standard)||18 x 6 in||Packed Size (Metric)||46 x 15 cm|
|Number of Doors||2||Freestanding||Yes|
|Rainfly Fabric||20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Xtreme Shield||Canopy Fabric||20D ripstop nylon & DWR|
|Mesh Type||15D nylon micromesh||Floor Fabric||30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Xtreme Shield|
|Material(s)||None||Vestibule Volume (Metric)||481 liters|
|Vestibule Volume (Standard)||17 cu. ft||Country of Origin||Imported|
MSR HUBBA HUBBA™ NX TENT OVERVIEW
MSR HUBBA HUBBA™ NX TENT SETUP