Compact, lightweight water filtration system with expanded protection and 1 gallon gravity bag
-Next level protection against heavy metals including lead as well as bacteria, parasites, microplastics, and organic chemical matter like pesticides, and herbicides
-Versatile water filter can also be used in 4 ways.
-Ultralight with high throughput, weighs only 6.94 oz (0.43 lbs), and capable of filtering 1 liter every 2 mins
-This product gives back: one product, one school child, one year of clean water
Maximize protection and water throughput with this ultralight, compact gravity filtration system. LifeStraw Flex is built to provide safe drinking water in almost any environment. The 2-stage filter offers next level protection against bacteria, parasites, and microplastics while also expanding protection against lead and some chemicals. It can be used with the included gravity bag, as a straw, attached to a hydration pack, or with a plastic water bottle.
Stage 1: The hollow fiber membrane removes
• 99.999999% of bacteria (E. coli)
• 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
• 99.999% of microplastics
Stage 2: The activated carbon capsule reduces
• Lead and other heavy metals
• Bad odor and taste
• Organic chemical matter
- Kit Includes: LifeStraw Flex filter, 1 gallon gravity bag, hose, backwashing syringe for cleaning
- Filtration technology: Hollow fiber microfiltration membrane (0.2 microns) paired with a carbon fiber filter
- Microbiological filter capacity: 500 gallons (2,000 liters). Pores clog over time as the filter is used; reaching end of life when water cannot pass through.
- Carbon filter capacity: 25 gallons (100 liters). With frequent use, recommended to change fitler every 3 months.
- Filter Size: 6.24 x 1.5 in
- Gravity Bag Volume: 1 gallon / 3.7 liters
- Hose length: 27.56 in
- Gravity bag material: TPU laminated with 210 denier nylon fabric
- Total product Weight: 6.94 oz (0.43 lbs)
- BPA free
- Replaceable carbon filter available
LifeStraw believes that responsible manufacturing includes creating and maintaining a strong evidence base for their product claims and their intended impacts. All products undergo rigorous independent testing to meet or exceed protocols established by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) They also built and run an ISO accredited water laboratory based in Vietnam that does quality validation and testing of all of our new and existing products.
- Hollow fiber membrane filter: 0.2 micron pore size. Removes 99.999999% of bacteria, 99.999% of parasites, and 99.999% of microplastics.
- Also removes turbidity (silt, sand, and cloudiness).
- Carbon fiber filter: Improves taste while reducing lead and other heavy metals, chlorine, and organic chemical matter such as pesticides, herbicides, and VOCs.
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards for bacteria and protozoa reduction.
- Meets NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for chlorine reduction, bad taste, odor.
- Meets NSF/ANSI Standard 53 for lead reduction
- Hollow fiber filter lifetime: 500 gallons (2,000 liters)
- Carbon filter lifetime: 25 gallons (100 liters)
- Filtration powered by: suction (as a straw or in-line), gravity (when paired with a gravity bag) and pressure (when used with a plastic bottle).
- Flow rate: 0.5 liters/min