Combining the compactibility of a 3-section Z-Pole with the adjustability of FlickLock®, the Distance FLZ is an excellent choice for long hikes, steep approaches, stream crossings—or for supporting your tarp shelter. Now with improved joint support and the new SlideLock technology, the Distance FLZ is a three-season pole built for the mountains.
Like a good adventure partner, the Distance FLZ is strong when you aren’t, supportive when you’re bonking and easily adjustable when the terrain calls for adaptability. Now combining our new SlideLock technology, which makes locking and collapsing the pole even easier, with FlickLock® adjustability, the Distance FLZ is a mainstay for hard-hitting mountain adventurers. The upgraded Distance FLZ is also 30% stiffer with improved joint support. The pole’s three-section foldable design allows for fast-response deployment, making the Distance FLZ the ultimate, adaptable three-season pole with durable aluminum construction.
- SlideLock technology improves ease-of-use when locking your pole
- Improved joint support and stiffness
- Lightweight EVA foam grip and breathable, moisture-wicking strap
- Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension
- Three-section foldable shaft with speed cone deployment and FlickLock® adjustability
- Aluminum construction
- Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher to secure folded sections
[105-125 cm] 445 g (15.7 oz)
[120-140 cm] 475 g (16.7 oz)
[105-125 cm] 105-125 cm (41-49 in)
[120-140 cm] 120-140 cm (47-55 in)
[105-125 cm] 37 cm (15 in)
[120-140 cm] 40 cm (16 in)
- Concealed inner cord
- Single push-button release to collapse the pole
- One-pull, Speed Cone deployment
Speed Cone technology comes from Black Diamond's expertise in avalanche probe design—a key component of Z-Poles' stiffness and fast deployment. Simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each Speed Cone guides a shaft section into place, and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. Protective, flexible tube ends cover the pole’s Kevlar® center cord when folded.