Bike Shortage = Bike Pre-Ordering & Bike Part Shortages
- Many bike models will continue to be in shorter supply in 2021 than they were in 2020.
- In the past you would have been able to select a bike, go for a test ride, and buy a bike in store on the same day. You now have to pre-order bikes to secure a bike for later this year or early next.
- If you want a bike in 2022 you will have to pre-order in 2021. Many of the bikes we are receiving now were pre-ordered by customers in the fall of 2020.
- We have more than 4000 bikes on backorder. We are expecting them to arrive between now and the end of next year.
- If you do not pre-order now you are unlikely to get a bike. Follow our pre-order steps below to get started.
- Stock is extremely low.
- New bike stock is selling out immediately - it is common for bikes to sell out faster than we can remove them from our website.
- Bikes and bike sizes than can still be purchased will display online as 'available' - if you don't see 'available' then the item is sold out.
7. Pre-Order bike models that are not shown on our website.
- Please visit our vendors websites to see what models they have to offer, and we can let you know when they may be available
8. With continuing supply challenges, we cannot guarantee the following:
- Delivery dates - Estimated delivery dates are subject to change.
- Prices - are subject to change.
- Replacement sizes - we are unlikely to have a different size for you if you pick the wrong size.
9. Models that are subject to change from one model year to the next.
- As delivery dates get pushed farther out, we anticipate some 2021 models may get updated to 2022 versions of the same.
- Updated 2022 versions are highly likely to have different parts, colour and prices than the 2021 versions they have replaced.
10. We are also experiencing a bike parts shortage.
- We have had to prioritize our bike parts supply for bikes we are repairing
- You will not be able to buy bike parts online.
- We reserve the right to limit the purchase of bike products in our stores and online.
Why is there still a shortage?
Global bike boom + Manufacturing shutdowns and delays = Bike & Bike Parts Shortage.
Demand for bikes, bike parts and bike accessories remain at an all-time high and supply is still at an all-time low. Our manufactures continue to struggle to overcome logistical issues with supply chains and shipping caused by Covid-19 shutdowns and delays. As a result, we continue to deal with shortages and changing future availabilities.
Bike Pre-order Steps:
2. Check out our bike brands websites for model selection.
b. Note - We have the largest number of bikes on order from Trek because they have more available sooner and have had he best availability this year.
3. Pick 2 or 3 bikes models that you feel best suit your riding needs.
5. Once you have made your selections you have three options:
a. You can fill in and submit our online bike pre-order form | *This is your best option*
- Bike Pre-Order Form For WESTBORO (203 Richmond Rd) location
- Bike Pre-Order Form For STITTSVILLE (5607 Hazeldean Rd) location
b. You can call the stores – please be advised that phone lines are currently very busy.
c. You can email the stores – please be advised that email volume is currently very heavy.
- With it now being peak season in a record bike demand year our bicycle sales staff are extremely busy
- We will try to respond as quickly as possible but it can take up to 24 hours to receive a response.
6. To order your bike we require a 25% refundable deposit.
- We know it is tough to be sure you are getting the right bike without seeing or trying it first. Our 30 day right bike guarantee ensures you wont get stuck with a bike that doesn’t work for you.
- Click here to see the Bushtukah Bike Advantage
7. Once your bike arrives, we will contact you as soon as it’s ready to be picked up.