Bike Pre-order Steps
1. Check out our bike buyers guide to see the types of bikes we offer.
2. Check out our website to view bikes that are currently in-stock and available for in-store purchase.
3. Check out our Pre-Order Catalogue which will show you a selection of bikes that we have coming.
4. Check out our bike brands websites to look at other models if you don’t see what you are looking for on our Pre-Order Catalogue.
a. Our main brands are Trek and Cannondale.
b. Note - We have the largest number of bikes on order from Trek because they have more available sooner and have had the best availability this year.
5. Pick 2 or 3 bikes models that you feel best suit your riding needs.
6. Determine the size you need by using the sizing guides in our buyers guide to determine the size you need.
7. Once you have made your selections you have three options:
a. You can fill in and submit our online bike pre-order form | *This is your best option*
- Bike Pre-Order Form For Pickup At Our WESTBORO (203 Richmond Rd) location
- Bike Pre-Order Form For Pickup At Our STITTSVILLE (5607 Hazeldean Rd) location
b. You can call the stores – please be advised that phone lines can be very busy in peak periods such as weekend afternoons.
c. You can email the stores – please be advised that email volume can be very heavy in peak periods such as weekend afternoons.
- As we approach the peak April, May, June, bike season in a record bike demand year our bicycle sales staff will often be extremely busy
- We will try to respond as quickly as possible, but in peak season it can take up to 24 hours to receive a response.
8. To order your bike we require a 25% refundable deposit.
- We know it is tough to be sure you are getting the right bike without seeing or trying it first. Our 30 day right bike guarantee ensures you won’t get stuck with a bike that doesn’t work for you.
- Click here to see the Bushtukah Bike Advantage
9. Once your bike arrives, we will contact you as soon as it’s ready to be picked up.
Bike Shortage Update (revised January 2022)
Top 5 things you need to know about the current bike shortage:
1. The bike shortages of 2020 and 2021 have not improved.
- While we are seeing improved availability in some bike models (example - hybrids), many bike models (example – full suspension mountain bikes) will continue to be in shorter supply in 2022 than they were in 2020 and 2021.
2. Bike buying is different this year. Buying a bike in 2022 is all about pre-ordering now.
- In the past you would have been able to select a bike, go for a test ride, and buy a bike in store on the same day. You now have to pre-order bikes to secure a bike.
3. Many bike models will require pre-ordering for 2022-2023.
- You are not likely to find your first choice of model, colour, or size without pre-ordering now.
4. We are your best pre-order bet to secure a new bike in the city.
- We have more than 3000 bikes on backorder. We are expecting them to arrive between now and the end of next year.
- Click the link below to see a selection of our Top Selling Bikes available for pre-order.
- Bushtukah Pre-Order Catalogue
- If you don’t see what you are looking for on our Pre-Order Catalogue. Check out our bike brands websites to look at other models
5. Many of the bike pre-orders we are now processing are for delivery in LATE SPRING to FALL 2022.
- We currently have very few bikes left with delivery dates before April/May. If you want a bike to ride for this coming spring summer season your best bet is to pre-order now. Follow our pre-order steps below to get started.
Why is there still a shortage?
Global bike boom + Manufacturing and shipping delays = Bike Shortage.
Demand for bikes, bike parts and bike accessories remain at an all-time high and supply is still at an all-time low. Our manufactures continue to struggle to overcome logistical issues with supply chains and shipping caused by Covid-19 shutdowns and delays. As a result, we continue to deal with shortages and changing future availabilities.